If you're having any issue setting up the menu files, please follow these steps carefully before asking for help in the Discord server. Make sure you follow all these steps, and remember to do them while the Popstar Launcher is closed.
- 2T1 requires GTA to be run in DirectX 11.
- Make sure you have no graphical mods installed, such as ENBseries.
- The menu won't work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. Compatibility with cloud PCs, virtual machines or other operating systems isn't guaranteed either.
- If your issue occurs while you're co-loading other menus along with 2T1, try again without using them.
Co-loading isn't officially supported, so you won't receive official help nor have the right to send a bug/ban report if you use other menus.
If your game crashes after injecting, 2T1 is able to generate crash dumps with debug information. These dumps are encrypted, and only devs can read them. If your issue isn't solved after following the steps below, send your latest dump in the support channel of the Discord server, and Devs will take a look when they're available.
By default, crash dump creation is disabled. In order to enable it:
- Open your default profile with the Notepad:
- Add this line under the
- Save the file and launch GTA with 2T1 (or load your profile, if it's already running).
Crash dumps can then be found in this directory, along with their timestamp:
Menu not injecting, or game crashing on inject
- Make sure your antivirus or any real-time protection software (including Windows Defender) isn't blocking anything.
- Make sure your Windows user has Administrator privileges.
- Make sure no overlays are enabled, including Discord, Steam, Xbox Game Bar or NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Make sure you have all the correct redistributables installed.
- Make sure that the 2Take1Menu files are not located in your Desktop or in a folder that syncs to a cloud service, such as OneDrive.
- Make sure that your Windows username doesn't contain special characters (such as letters with tildes or Russian/Chinese symbols).
- Perform an integrity check of the game files and make sure no additional stuff is placed there.
- If you have changed the privileges for the GTA processes, restart your PC. Otherwise, it won't work properly.
- If you're using Rivatuner, make sure the detection level is set to low or none.
If these steps don't work, delete all the menu files (including the
%appdata%\PopstarDevs folder) and re-download the menu.
The Popstar Launcher is crashing or connecting infinitely
Open a CMD console with admin privileges and type:
net stop npf
There isn't an Inject button
- Update the game using Steam, RGL or EGL.
- Perform an integrity check of the game files.
- Reinstall the game, if none of the above works.
I can't join online lobbies
- Try joining an invite-only lobby first, then a public lobby.
- Try joining without the menu injected.
If it doesn't work either, it's probably an issue with your ISP. Try logging online through a VPN.
Authentication failed: Unknown error: deadbeef
The launcher is having issues to connect with the auth server. Make sure you are using the latest version of the menu and check your connection status.
schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: SEC_E_UNTRUSTED_ROOT (0x80090325) - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.
Create a text file named
lets_encrypt.crt and write the following in it:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- MIIEkjCCA3qgAwIBAgIQCgFBQgAAAVOFc2oLheynCDANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsFADA/ MSQwIgYDVQQKExtEaWdpdGFsIFNpZ25hdHVyZSBUcnVzdCBDby4xFzAVBgNVBAMT DkRTVCBSb290IENBIFgzMB4XDTE2MDMxNzE2NDA0NloXDTIxMDMxNzE2NDA0Nlow SjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxFjAUBgNVBAoTDUxldCdzIEVuY3J5cHQxIzAhBgNVBAMT GkxldCdzIEVuY3J5cHQgQXV0aG9yaXR5IFgzMIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOC AQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAnNMM8FrlLke3cl03g7NoYzDq1zUmGSXhvb418XCSL7e4S0EF q6meNQhY7LEqxGiHC6PjdeTm86dicbp5gWAf15Gan/PQeGdxyGkOlZHP/uaZ6WA8 SMx+yk13EiSdRxta67nsHjcAHJyse6cF6s5K671B5TaYucv9bTyWaN8jKkKQDIZ0 Z8h/pZq4UmEUEz9l6YKHy9v6Dlb2honzhT+Xhq+w3Brvaw2VFn3EK6BlspkENnWA a6xK8xuQSXgvopZPKiAlKQTGdMDQMc2PMTiVFrqoM7hD8bEfwzB/onkxEz0tNvjj /PIzark5McWvxI0NHWQWM6r6hCm21AvA2H3DkwIDAQABo4IBfTCCAXkwEgYDVR0T AQH/BAgwBgEB/wIBADAOBgNVHQ8BAf8EBAMCAYYwfwYIKwYBBQUHAQEEczBxMDIG CCsGAQUFBzABhiZodHRwOi8vaXNyZy50cnVzdGlkLm9jc3AuaWRlbnRydXN0LmNv bTA7BggrBgEFBQcwAoYvaHR0cDovL2FwcHMuaWRlbnRydXN0LmNvbS9yb290cy9k c3Ryb290Y2F4My5wN2MwHwYDVR0jBBgwFoAUxKexpHsscfrb4UuQdf/EFWCFiRAw VAYDVR0gBE0wSzAIBgZngQwBAgEwPwYLKwYBBAGC3xMBAQEwMDAuBggrBgEFBQcC ARYiaHR0cDovL2Nwcy5yb290LXgxLmxldHNlbmNyeXB0Lm9yZzA8BgNVHR8ENTAz MDGgL6AthitodHRwOi8vY3JsLmlkZW50cnVzdC5jb20vRFNUUk9PVENBWDNDUkwu Y3JsMB0GA1UdDgQWBBSoSmpjBH3duubRObemRWXv86jsoTANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsF AAOCAQEA3TPXEfNjWDjdGBX7CVW+dla5cEilaUcne8IkCJLxWh9KEik3JHRRHGJo uM2VcGfl96S8TihRzZvoroed6ti6WqEBmtzw3Wodatg+VyOeph4EYpr/1wXKtx8/ wApIvJSwtmVi4MFU5aMqrSDE6ea73Mj2tcMyo5jMd6jmeWUHK8so/joWUoHOUgwu X4Po1QYz+3dszkDqMp4fklxBwXRsW10KXzPMTZ+sOPAveyxindmjkW8lGy+QsRlG PfZ+G6Z6h7mjem0Y+iWlkYcV4PIWL1iwBi8saCbGS5jN2p8M+X+Q7UNKEkROb3N6 KOqkqm57TH2H3eDJAkSnh6/DNFu0Qg== -----END CERTIFICATE-----
Then, open the certificate file and install it.
The Vehicle Spawner shows weird characters
The Lua script isn't working after an update
The Lua API is usually updated along with the menu. You'll have to update your script to the new functions.
If you're not the developer of the script, ask them to do it.
The menu is moving on its own
This happened because you were holding Shift while pressing a menu key.
Release Shift and press the key that the menu thinks you're pressing, and it should be still again.
In order to prevent this, set the Input Method to RAW.